The Good Lobbyist
A good lobbyist needs to be
- A good listener
- Not easily upset or distracted
- Willing to let the other person talk and take
- Persistent but not pushy
- Able to think and respond quickly
- Able to represent the views of others
- Able to say "I don't know"
- Able to keep a sense of humour
- Able to spot concealed agendas
- Able to know when to retreat and try a new
The Action Guide for Advocacy and Citizen Participation
by Lisa VeneKlasen and Valerie Miller
While not everyone is a good lobbyist, everyone
can participate in lobbying.